FITNESS & COVID: THE TRUTH
WHAT THE SCIENCE SAYS
Restricting access to fitness during a global health pandemic was madness.
But don't take our word for it, check out the science:
Fitness & COVID
- Exercising for 150 minutes per week recommended by WHO halves hospitalisations and deaths1
- Physical exercise improves cardiovascular and mental health for COVID survivors2
- COVID attacks fat cells – explaining why people with obesity are at higher risk3
- Over 30% of COVID hospital admissions were attributed to obesity4
- Vaccines are more effective in people who exercise5
- There are four steps6 everyone can take to make healthy living a habit
- Be more active
- Eat healthily
- Get enough sleep
- Cope with stress
- =>working out regularly can help you eat better, sleep better & handle stress better
The air you breathe at BEAT is 100% fresh filtered air:
- Every second 2,300 litres of new fresh filtered air is pumped into the studio from outside
- The entire volume of air is 100% renewed every 15 minutes
Since the pandemic started our community has completed over 25,000 workouts with zero peer-to-peer community transmission.
Not only is BEAT Fitness one of the safest places you could be, working out is one of the number one ways that our community can protect itself.