EVER SAID SOMETHING LIKE THIS?
One of the things that stops us from working out consistently is our confidence.
We can easily convince ourselves that our self identity is unchangeable:
“I’m not fit enough to go to the fitness class”
“I’m not strong enough to lift weights”
“I’m not flexible enough to do yoga”
Ever said something like that? Don’t worry you are not alone!
When we’re low on confidence it can be hard to get going - we get it.
IT’S NORMAL TO FEEL A LITTLE DAUNTED
Getting back into regular exercise can be daunting, especially if you have taken a break for a while. Whether you are returning to the gym, starting a new workout program, or trying a new sport, it can be challenging to find the motivation and confidence to stick with it. Fortunately, working with a qualified fitness coach in a positive environment can make a significant difference in improving your confidence and helping you achieve your goals.
WORK WITH A COACH WHO CARES
Scientific studies have demonstrated that working with a qualified fitness coach can help increase your confidence when returning to regular exercise. For example, a study published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research found that participants who received coaching reported higher levels of self-efficacy and self-confidence than those who did not. Self-efficacy is the belief in one's ability to succeed in a particular task, while self-confidence refers to a general belief in one's abilities.
TRAINING SAFELY LEADS TO CONSISTENCY
In addition to improving confidence, a qualified fitness coach can also help you train safely and consistently. A study published in the International Journal of Sports Science & Coaching found that participants who worked with a coach had fewer injuries and were more likely to stick with their training program than those who did not receive coaching.
HAVING A SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY MATTERS
Moreover, when coached in a supportive, non-judgmental environment, individuals are more likely to achieve more than they think they can. A study published in the Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology found that athletes who received positive feedback and encouragement from their coaches were more likely to set higher goals and achieve them.
ALWAYS TRAIN WITH A COACH
At BEAT Fitness, you will always train with a coach! Whether it is building healthy Nutrition habits or through Personal Training or Group Coaching every session is coached. And all of this coaching is in a supportive community of people like you.
5 TIPS TO BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE
Here are five tips for improving your confidence when returning to sport:
- Start with small, achievable goals: Break your overall goal down into smaller, achievable goals. For example, if your overall goal is to run a marathon, start with a goal of running for 10 minutes without stopping.
- Celebrate your progress: Celebrate your successes along the way, no matter how small they may seem. Celebrating your progress will help keep you motivated and focused on your goals.
- Focus on the process: Instead of focusing solely on the outcome, focus on the process of getting there. Enjoy the journey and focus on the improvements you make along the way.
- Surround yourself with positive support: Surround yourself with positive, supportive people who will encourage you and help you stay motivated.
- Work with a qualified fitness coach: Working with a qualified fitness coach in a positive environment can help increase your confidence, keep you safe, and help you achieve your goals.
In conclusion, returning to regular exercise can be challenging, but working with a qualified fitness coach in a positive environment can make a significant difference in improving your confidence and helping you achieve your goals. Remember to start small, celebrate your progress, focus on the process, surround yourself with positive support, and work with a qualified fitness coach to help you achieve your goals.
HOW WE HELP
Our coaches are trained to get you moving so that you can build confidence:
“I love how the coaches know you, if you have injuries etc they take care of you. Getting to know other clients who then encourage each other, over time you feel more and more comfortable.”
The first step is setting goals with a coach - we are confident that you can do much more than you think you can!
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Want to skip the reading and change today? Book a Free Consultation now